Wednesday, June 17, 2015

5 Anti Aging Tips to Keep You Young

You Will Look Younger With These Anti Aging Tips

I am going to share the reason why people think I am 25 years younger than I really am, with some helpful anti aging tips that really do work.

People are always quite astonished when they find out my age and I feel really blessed to have kept a youthful appearance, despite the fact that I am in my 50s. There are reasons why I look younger than I am, and I will share my anti aging tips with you.

Like most people, I am not fond of getting older, but I don't obsess about it. In fact, getting older can release a lot of stress in some ways. I have discovered that as I age, I just don't sweat the small stuff the way that I used to. I am a bit of a perfectionist in everything I do, and that certainly caused me some anxiety throughout the years. Both in my career and in my home, I would find myself redoing tasks over and over until I got it right. The jobs I did couldn't just be very good, they had to be perfect..at least in my opinion. I should have plenty of stress lines on my face, but I don't.

People that I have known for years have asked me if I have tapped into a secret fountain of youth. They ask me, "You never seem to age, and so what is your secret?" I don't have deep dark secrets, but there are definite reasons why I have been fortunate to be considered very youthful looking, as I grow older.

My Secret Anti Aging Tips

Anti aging tip #1 - I really take care good of my skin. I use a natural cleanser product to wash off all my makeup nightly. I also use a good moisturizer every single day, without fail. You need to constantly add moisture your skin, and you should start using moisturizer in your 20's and 30's, and even more so, as you get older. Twice a day I apply moisturizer to my entire face, neck and chest, in the morning and at bed time. It is the one item I would never be without no matter where I go. There are some pretty fantastic anti aging and wrinkle reduction creams that will really reduce the lines on your face. I love natural skin products for my face because they don't contain any harmful ingredients that could cause allergies, or clog my pores.

Anti aging tip # 2 - I drink 4-6 large glasses of water on a daily basis. I love water and sometimes I will add a slice of lemon or lime or maybe a flavour packet, which are now plentiful on the market. Drinking a lot of water has also contributed to the youthful appearance of my skin. The body and skin needs constant hydration and water is the purest and best source of fluid for your skin and body. Stay away from drinking sugar laden sodas or juices. There have been reported negative health impacts of drinking sugary beverages that have been published in medical journals. I call water my liquid gold.

Anti aging tip #3 - I use instant tanning lotion to give my skin that special glow. It's no secret that you need to stay out of the harmful rays of sun, or wear heavy sun protection nowadays. Nothing will age your skin faster than sun bathing. I have seen so many people who look much older than their years because of sun bathing. It causes the skin to look leathery and dried out. There are beautiful natural, instant sun tanning creams on the market now that blend beautifully and give your skin that healthy look and glow. The sun-kissed look adds a youthful vitality to your appearance. I apply instant sun tanning lotion or cream every season of the year. An additional bonus is that having a bit of color on your skin makes you look slimmer. Gone are the days of laying in the sun, exposing your skin to harmful rays. This is a major health risk and with all the great instant tanning products now available, there is no need damage your skin. And if you think sun tanning salons are safe, do some research. The light sources in tanning salons are two to three times more powerful than the sun's UVA rays.

Anti aging tip #4 - Having white teeth can erase years off of your appearance, and I keep my teeth healthy and white. Healthy looking gums and white teeth are extremely important for so many reasons. Aside from the awful prospect of losing your teeth, gum disease has been linked to heart attacks and strokes. So brush and floss regularly and go for regular checkups. You can really enhance your appearance with brilliant white teeth, and you don't need to pay a fortune to have it done at the dentist. There are teeth whiteners available at your pharmacy and online. Take it from me, they do work and can make your teeth 5 times whiter. Use a teeth whitening kit and you will see a dramatic difference, and the effects can last for six months. I love that it is so easy and convenient and cost-effective to whiten your teeth at home. It's something you should really do to shave years off your age and enjoy a stunning smile.

Anti aging tip #5 - I am one of those people who love makeup, but as I grow older, I know what works best for me. When I was younger, I used every kind of makeup product that you can imagine! I look at older pictures of myself and think, "Wow, what was I thinking?" I learned that gobs of makeup on older women can really add years to your appearance and make you look dated. Gaudy and brightly colored eye shadow really shows off the folds on your eyelids and can look really ridiculous. Clumpy, heavy eyelash mascara is definitely not attractive. The more subtle you are with your makeup, the more natural and younger you will look. Go for soft taupe colored eye shadow shades that blend nicely with your skin color, but give a bit of drama to your eyes. Choose quality mascara that doesn't clump, but extends your lashes and adds color. I have my favourites. Most importantly, I only use mineral and natural based makeup for my skin, and the same goes for blush. I never use liquid foundation and haven't for years. Once I discovered natural skin products I never looked back, and have been using them for years.

Well now you know my secrets and anti aging tips, and I hope they have helped you in some way. If you begin incorporating the use of these tips, I guarantee you will appear much younger than you are. Try using these anti aging tips and drink in all the compliments that will come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment